Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weis Markets 2/13/11-2/19/11

Here are the natural and organic deals for Weis Markets this week.  I also started compiling the Weis "shopping list" over the weekend and am probably about 20% through the store.  There are a lot of hidden choices at Weis!

Ragu Pasta Sauce (16 or 26 oz) 2/$3
Use $1/2 or $0.75/1 coupon (1/30/11 RP, expires 2/27/11)
* I do not know if this includes Ragu's organic version, or if Weis even sells it (I didn't get to that aisle yet!). I am spoiled by a husband who makes all our pasta sauce.

Perdue USDA Process Verified Chicken Breasts 33% off
Use $1/2 coupon (1/30/11 RP, expires 3/27/11)
Use $0.75/1 coupon (1/23/11 RP, expires 3/20/11)
* Here's another product where I'm caught deciding between if this is a better option than others, or if this is just more green-washing.  Apparently Perdue feeds these chickens an all-vegetarian diet (what are other chickens eating?!), use no animal by-products (is that what the other chickens are eating? yum.) and they're raised cage-free. That's all the USDA is verifying here, so this doesn't guarantee that they're not using excess anti-biotics, or that the feed is organic. So... better than other choices, maybe. Are there better options? Probably. Off my soap box now...

Olivia's Organics Salads 2/$7
Use $1/1 coupon here

Bunny-Luv Organic Baby Carrots 3/$5

Bionaturae Pastas (16 oz) $2.99

Naked Juice 2/$5

Melitta Coffee Filters (100 count) 2/$5
* Melitta offers some of their filters without bleaching or processing, as well as filters made from renewable bamboo.

That's about all I see in the Weis ad this week.  If I missed anything, please mention it in the comments.  I should add that I am mainly focusing on organic options, or more natural options were organic is hard to find or non-existant. If you would prefer I be more inclusive, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment