Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And while we're talking Amazon...

Currently Amazon is also offering Zoe Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (25.5 oz tins- 2 pack) for $14.50 with "Subscribe and Save."  The code ZOEOLIV5 brings the price down to $13.65.

So that's $13.65 for 51 ounces (1,508ml). A 500ml bottle of Filippo Berio organic olive oil is on sale at Giant for $5.49, I believe through the end of April.  There are $1/1 coupons available, making 500ml $4.49, or about $13.47 for 1500ml. 

Based on that I would jump in on the Amazon deal, since it's delivered right to my door, and we go through quite a bit of olive oil in our house. The Giant price is temporary and I've been watching it for a while- this sale price does not come around often. The Filippo Berio is regular $6.85, so $17.55 for 1500 ml with three $1 coupons, and $20.55 without any coupons.

That being said, DON'T buy the 2 pack of 1 liter Zoe olive oil tins thinking that's a better deal. While in theory the price is better, that's because the larger containers aren't organic. Not that I wasn't paying attention last night and made this mistake myself. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment