Thursday, April 7, 2011

Giant: Cascadian Farm Update

I tested it last night, and the Cascadian Farm cereals ARE part of the General Mills deal running at Giant this week: Spend $20, save $7 instantly.  There was one lonely tag highlighting the deal on the shelf, but I did not buy that variety and it still worked. The cereal was not on sale for $3 as it apparently is at Stop & Shop.  The regular price was $3.99  That being said, it's an OK deal, but not spectacular.  Of course, I'm still drooling a bit about the idea of getting them FREE at Stop & Shop, but it's not to be.  Here's what I did last night:

4 Cascadian Farm cereals $15.96
2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks $4 (going in Easter eggs for our niece)
1 Nature Valley Granola Bar $2.50
=$22.46
Minus $1 Cascadian Farm coupon (from coupon train)
Minus $1 Giant coupon doubler
Minus 3 $0.75/1 Cascadian Farm coupons (one doubled to $1)
Minus $1.50/2 Betty Crocker fruit snacks catalina coupon
Minus $0.50/1 Nature Valley coupon (doubled to $1)
=$15.46
Minus $7 instant savings
=$8.46 for 4 cereals (and some other junk), which in my mind works out to $2.11 each for the cereal (I'm not counting the other items in calculating that).  That's about half price, which is nice, I suppose.

You could also do this if you don't want the junk:

6 Cascadian Farms cereals $23.94
Minus 6 $0.75/1 Cascadian Farm coupons (would need 3 computers)
=$19.19
Minus $7 instant savings
=$12.19, or $2.03 per box.  I wish I had just done that, but of course I wasn't in the aisle with my calculator last night.  Oh well!

Finally, if you haven't already, you can get a $1/1 coupon (bricks, so it prints twice) if you sign up for the Cascadian Farm community on their website. Using two of these would drop the price on the deal above to just under $2 a box, even better if you have doublers to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment